During the time of coronavirus crisis, our outreach to the community which started in early 2020 is still continuing. These include:
- Sharing helpful and trusted resources from various federal and state departments on COVID 19 care, health and other related issues with the community on timely basis.
- Advocating for the stranded Indian origin international students for better support services with various external stakeholders.
- Reaching out to international students with a coordinated support system of help with our three divisions – Hindu Organisations, Temples and Associations (HOTA) forum, Hindu Help Line and Hindu Youth Australia. These include help with visa, food, medical, transport and job search. Over 40 organisations of HOTA forum, Australia wide participated.
- Support for young families by offering online children weekly language and cultural classes and other fun activity projects. This is to provide with much needed engagement with other children during the lockdown periods.
- For better physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, regular peace prayer meets were organised by Vedic and Cultural Centre Australia throughout last year as well as in 2021. This is part of our spiritual support provision to the community.